Thursday, November 25, 2010

vegan mofo: grandma's eggplant parmesan

my lovely italian grandma surprised me with this dish of something wonderful earlier this fall.


status: foodgasmic!

why i'm including it: i visited my grandma for her birthday earlier this year...  she's an amazing woman who has inspired me more than she knows.  and she's made some of the best italian food  i've ever tasted (and still trying to emulate).  she taught me about black pepper on pizza!   anyways, she embraced my veganism and made this eggplant parm for us to share, complete with vegan mozzarella.

would i make it again:  if only i could do her cooking justice.


 

ps - happy thanksgiving!

7 comments:

jessy said...

that's so awesome that not only does your grandma embrace your veganism, but that she also makes you italian vegan awesomenesses. her eggplant parmesan looks gloriously good, miss v.! did you say black pepper on pizza?! oooooh, i need to try this! i love the picture of you both! made me smile. thank you!

happy thanksgiving to you, miss v.! i hope your day has been filled with everything you love the most!

Bianca said...

Aw, I love it when grandma's make things vegan! Mine does too and it just tickles my heart. :-) That eggplant parm looks amazing.

Jessica said...

So, your grandma made vegan eggplant parm on her birthday? That's incredible! Did she like it, too? It looks delicious. I love eggplant parm, and I think you should try out her recipe. Even 85% as good as grandma's is sure to be amazing.

Jen Treehugger said...

Your grandma is totally awesome and that eggplant parma looks deeee-lish.
:)

Mihl said...

Your grandma sounds like a lovely person!

Just Us said...

That so cool...grandmas are the best! The eggplant parm sure does look good!

Anonymous said...

Your grandma rocks so hard! You're both adorable, and happy late birthday to her!