Monday, September 29, 2008

taco salad deluxe!

i don't buy a lot of the fake cheese/sour cream products because i usually try to make foods that taste just as good without the faux substitutes. however, every once in a while i'll splurge and if i buy the sour cream, you can bet i'm making a lot of mexican dishes. behold, the taco salad deluxe.


  • handful of yellow corn tortilla chips
  • 1/2 cup refried beans (make sure they are veggie - no lard)
  • 1 cup shredded lettuce
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 2 big dollops of tofutti 'better than sour cream'
  • 2 spoonfuls of chopped green pepper
  • black olives, sliced
  • jalapenos
so this is one of those recipes that doesn't really have measurements. i sort of gave approximations on how much i use, but really you just pile everything in a bowl in the amounts that you like.

i like to mix it all up and make a creamy salsa-y bowl of goodness, but eat how you see fit. :)

3 comments:

Meg said...

Wow! I will have to try this!

Mrs. Mandy said...

Nummers. My husband would LOVE this. Thanks, sista!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Dear V'S Vegan!
Greetings!
Robert-Gilles (Martineau) of Shizuoka, Japan!
Thank you so much for accepting my friendship request!
Although no a vegan myself, I have a special liking for Falafel, too! I stiil remember the ones I used to eat in Paris Jewish quarters!
There are a lot of foods and ingredients that can satisfy vegans in Japan, including sake!
Don't hesitate to ask, I will investigate for you!
Cheers and all that!
Robert-Gilles