Wednesday, February 3, 2010

raw pasta aglio e olio

raw zucchini pasta noodles rival any regular noodle i've ever head. i use this spiralizer, and it always makes the perfect noodles. this recipe is a slight twist on pasta aglio e olio, which is basically just pasta with olive oil and garlic. it's a lighter pasta dish (especially the raw version here), and in my opinion doesn't weigh you down like the traditional red or white sauces. this makes a great light lunch, and healthy!

  • 1 medium zucchini, spiralized
  • 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/8 cup nutritional yeast
  • pinch of pepper and celtic sea salt
spiralize your zucchini and place in a bowl. except for the nutritional yeast, combine the rest of ingredients in a dressing shaker, or a jar with a lid will do. i save old olive or salsa jars for this. shake all the ingredients and pour over pasta noodles. finally sprinkle in the nutritional yeast and stir to coat all the noodles. easy peasy!

6 comments:

jessy said...

easy oeasy, indeed - and ever-so delicious! this sounds awesome - and the combination of garlic, nooch, red pepper flakes, 'n olive oil sounds awesome! i looove me some zoodles. i need to get a spiralizer so i can make 'em like yours (right now i'm just using a veggie peeler so my zoodles are kinda short & flat). mmmmmm!

Lauren said...

This looks yummy! I am not a raw pasta fan, but this one I could definitely do! :)

Bianca said...

I wish I had a spiralizer! I always use a veggie peeler, but I'd like thinner, more uniform-lookin' noodles.

aTxVegn said...

I totally agree - zoodles are way better than wheaty noodles. Your simple dish looks fantastic!

The Voracious Vegan said...

I love the red pepper flakes in there! This dish looks incredible.

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

you've convinced me to buy a spiralizer ! I think I'll even buy the one you have.